Journalism 133: Prof. Craig: Using Active Voice
Using Active Voice
- Before the semester was over, the new nursing program had been approved by the curriculum committee and the board of trustees.
- With five seconds left in the game, an illegal time-out was called by one of the players.
- Later in the day, the employees were informed of their loss of benefits by the boss herself.
- The major points of the lesson were quickly learned by the class, but they were also quickly forgotten by them.
- For several years, Jamal was raised by his elderly grandmother.
- An unexpected tornado smashed several homes and uprooted trees in a suburb of Knoxville.
- I was surprised by the teacher's lack of sympathy.
- "The Yellow Wallpaper" was written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
- Participants in the survey were asked about their changes in political affiliation.
- Tall buildings and mountain roads were avoided by Cheryl because she had such a fear of heights.